Time to dip your toes back in the water. Explore those cities and escape the everyday. When you’re ready to rediscover holidays, we’ve got you covered with award-winning travel insurance.
All travel insurance policies with us include COVID-19 cover at no extra cost. So if the FCO say it’s safe to travel to your destination you can travel with peace of mind knowing we’ll cover you for:
- Cancelling your trip if you have COVID-19 within 14 days of travelling*
- Emergency medical expenses abroad**
- Repatriation to help you get back home**
- Cancellation and repatriation cover if you’re denied boarding with a positive test for COVID-19
- Additional accommodation and transport if deemed necessary by our medical officer
- Daily benefit if you are ordered to self-isolate in your holiday accommodation if you have COVID-19
- Cancelling or cutting your trip short after death in the family from COVID-19
- Your travelling companion(s), people you live with, or people you’re staying with on holiday being diagnosed with COVID-19 within 14 days of travel***
This means that if you develop COVID-19 and need help, you’ll be covered as long as you’ve declared your pre-existing conditions.
If the FCO advises against all but essential travel but you still need to travel, you can still get a level of cover with our European FCO Travel Advice Extension.
If you can’t travel and need to change your holiday dates because your trip is cancelled, you should be able to change the dates of your Single Trip Travel Insurance.
We’ve explained more about how you can change your cover if your trip is affected by coronavirus here.
Know before you go
With travel advice changing so quickly, it’s important you keep up-to-date with travel advice.
Before you travel, you’ll need to know:
- UK Government (the FCO) say it’s safe to travel to your destination. It’s important you check your destination is safe to visit regularly as advice can change. If the FCO has advised against all but essential travel to your destination in Europe and you need travel insurance against FCO advice then you can add the European FCO Travel Advice Extension to your policy.
- Your destination’s local government advice, safety guidelines and entry requirements.
We want you to have a safe and relaxing holiday. If you travel against FCO advice and don’t have the European FCO Travel Advice Extension, you won’t be covered if you need to claim. Even if advice changes while you’re on holiday, you won’t be covered if your destination was listed as unsafe when you travelled.